Dr. Prabhat Soni and his team at Soni Medical use advanced technology to diagnose and treat all types of diseases and conditions that affect the lungs and breathing, including rare and difficult to treat conditions.
Dr. Soni uses the latest equipment and minimally invasive techniques using stem cell-based treatments, including PRP/Stem Cell Nebulizer. For patients suffering from multiple allergies, Dr. Soni uses immunotherapy / XOLAIR.
With a combined experience of over 30 years treating more than 5,000 patients with severe and chronic lung conditions, Dr. Soni and his team at Soni Medical are prepared with the knowledge and resources you need.
What is pulmonary medicine?
Pulmonary medicine is a branch of medicine also called pulmonology that deals with the causes, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases affecting the lungs.
What diseases does a pulmonary doctor treat?
A pulmonary doctor can diagnose and treat diseases and symptoms including:
- ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Chronic cough
- Sleep-related disorders
- Lung infections, such as pneumonia
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Sarcoidosis of the lungs
- SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome)
What causes pulmonary disease?
Experts have yet to determine the exact cause of all types of lung diseases, but some of the identifiable causes include:
- Smoking – Cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking are responsible for a majority of lung and airway disorders
- Radon – This colorless, odorless gas is present in many homes and is a recognized cause of lung cancer.
- Asbestos – This natural mineral fiber is used in insulation, fireproofing materials, car brakes, and other products. It can give off small fibers that are too small to see, but which can be inhaled and harm lung cells.
- Air pollution – studies suggest that some air pollutants such as car exhaust may contribute to asthma, COPD, lung cancer, and other lung-related diseases.
What are the symptoms of pulmonary disease?
Symptoms that may indicate that you have a condition requiring medical intervention from a pulmonary specialist include:
- Chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Labored or difficulty breathing
- Chronic mucus production
- Coughing up blood
- Chronic chest pain
How are pulmonary diseases diagnosed?
Diagnostic procedures such as biopsies, X-rays, CT scans and sleep studies can help to diagnose patients with pulmonary diseases and disorders.
How are pulmonary disorders treated?
Using advanced medical technology, Dr. Soni provides in-office evaluations and personalized treatment plans for pulmonary disorders. In addition, he can provide inpatient critical care and consultations for hospitalized patients.
For patients with symptoms of sleep apnea, a sleep study may be needed in order to make a proper diagnosis and determine the best treatment options.
Dr. Prabhat Soni has extensive experience and training in diagnosing and treating the various symptoms associated with pulmonary disease. Dr. Soni utilizes state-of-the-art equipment for examination and therapies to improve the quality of your life. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Soni today.